guix-devel

Re: New build farm

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: New build farm
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 10:25:02 +0200

Hello,

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> skribis:

> in the past weeks I’ve restored some unused servers and turned them into
> a secondary build farm.  It consists of 12 servers of which 11 are
> currently in use (I broke one by accidentally deleting the bootloader,
> oops).
>
> The head of this build farm is available as <https://berlin.guixsd.org>.
> It currently builds substitutes for x86_64.

Big thanks to the Max Delbrück Center in Berlin for the machines and
hosting, and to you for tirelessly setting it up!

We know there are still limitations, in particular issues and missing
features in Cuirass, but I’m confident these will be addressed soon, and
this new build farm is a great step forward.

That there are so many GuixSD servers also gives us a great incentive to
implement remote reconfiguration!

Ludo’.