guix-devel

Re: openssl is now a dependency of guix: possible license conflict?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: openssl is now a dependency of guix: possible license conflict?
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 10:32:46 +0200

Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> skribis:

> Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> There exist patches for libgit2 to support the mbedTLS library, but it
>> is not yet clear whether they will be accepted upstream:
>>
>>   https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2/pull/3462
>>   https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2/pull/3935
>
> Here's the currently-open pull request:
>
>   https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2/pull/4173
>
> I've attached work-in-progress patches to switch our libgit2 to use a
> modified version that supports mbedTLS.  Currently, there is a failing
> test in libgit2.  It may be a couple of days before I can work more on
> this.  I'm sending out these patches in case someone else wants to work
> more on this in the meantime.

Nice!

As Leo wrote, I think we should make sure that TLS support works
correctly, and in particular that authentication works (the
‘set-tls-certificate-locations!’ binding in Guile-Git.)

(I would also have a preference for GnuTLS over mbedTLS, if we had a
choice…)

Thanks for looking into this!

Ludo’.