guix-devel

Re: Using IPFS to host mirrors of source packages

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: Using IPFS to host mirrors of source packages
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 18:49:04 +0200

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 12:17:01PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Pjotr Prins <address@hidden> skribis:
>
> > Today I was bitten again by R/bioconductor removing source files.
>
> Were those files looked for at
> https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org/file/…/sha256/…, and if so, were they
> missing there?

*blush* I did not realise we are caching them. The packages are on my
GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH. Good reason to move them into Guix ;)

Btw I just redeployed an update of the massive genenetwork2 graph
against the latest Guix master. It worked pretty much in one go. Kudos
to all - I am very happy to be using Guix in professional deployments.

Pj.