guix-devel

missing licence files and incomplete licence lists

From: Dave Love
Subject: missing licence files and incomplete licence lists
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 14:13:11 +0100

I realize that a lot of packages don't include licence files
(e.g. glibc).  I'd mistakenly assumed that was automated according to
the "license" fields.

Also, some license fields aren't complete -- compare glibc's lgpl with
the contents of Debian's libc6 "copyright" file, which includes gpl,
bsd, and others, not just lgpl.

Should bugs just be filed against each case, or can things be checked
systematically?

Related to that, licensecheck doesn't seem to be packaged.  If it was,
could it be used by "lint" (or something else)?  I don't know whether
lint is supposed only to process the package description or could look
at the package contents the way Fedora's review tool does, for instance.