guix-devel

Re: Guix - installation script

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: Guix - installation script
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 19:33:51 +0100

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 23:49:50 +0100
Sharlatan Hellseher <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've found your project very interesting. I've played with
> installation instruction but it has a lot of different steps, for
> convenience purpose I've wrote installation script which goes through
> all points of your guide.
>
> As far as I could say, there is no any official installation script
> for Guix on existing OS. I would like take an opportunity to maintain
> this process.
>
> If you could review it (Github) and give me some feedback I would be
> appreciated.
>
> https://github.com/Hellseher/wds/blob/master/wds-guix-install.sh

I haven't tried this yet, but it looks awesome!

while I don't speak from the official maintainers, I'd be interested in
seeing this being a part of Guix itself, which in my mind
would enable things like distributing it as an installation
method, and prominently mentioning it in the documentation. Would you
(as the author) be ok with this?