guix-devel

Re: project hosting

From: ng0
Subject: Re: project hosting
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 13:47:18 +0000

Catonano transcribed 1.3K bytes:
> At the GHM I showed Rekado this
>
> https://git.fsfe.org/
>
> and he didn't know, although he does know the fsfe people, as they are
> German and based in Berlin

As far as I took from the fsfe public discussion when it was released,
it is for FSFE internal projects (supporting activities of the org,
and only for sustaining members). The important piece is "only for
sustaining members". You can try to question it again, but as far as
I remember the voted presentatives were clear on this, as opening it
up for the public would mean increased costs (cpu time, bandwidth)
and increased time spent with tech support.
This is just from my memory, I did not participate in the discussion
in fsfe.

--
ng0
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588