guix-devel

Re: Adopt a patch!

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Adopt a patch!
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 16:22:57 +0200

Hi Thomas,

I understand and sympathize with your arguments.  In fact, this has been
a long running theme, and we discussed it at last year’s FOSDEM at
length.  :-)

Thomas Danckaert <address@hidden> skribis:

> So I do see the appeal of something like gitlab, but I also wonder how
> it could be integrated in the current workflow.  I think it could help
> a lot if debbugs took some ideas from github/gitlab, but I don't think
> debbugs is actively worked on?

At FOSDEM, while we have having a drink late at night, someone said
“Let’s just write a nice Web interface to Debbugs in Guile!”, and we
were all like “Yeah, let’s do that!”.  But of course on the next
morning, we were all thinking about something else already.  ;-)

So, I don’t know!  I’m still open to experimenting with a local
GitLab/Kallithea/whatever instance.  If someone writes packages and a
GuixSD service, that could be easy.  Hint, hint!  :-)

Ludo’.