guix-devel

Android build-tools / prebuild / soong

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Android build-tools / prebuild / soong
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 20:39:27 +0200

Hi,

maybe somebody want to work in this puzzle :-)

Last week I played around upgrading the android libs and tools to the
current release 8.0.0_r17, when I realized that the build-system has
switched from a Makefile-base to one based on "Android.mk" files. These
are meant to be processed by a tool called "soong" (with two `o`).

soong is based on "ninja" an "Blueprint". There are no
build-instructions and no usage examples. So I asked on the
android-building mailinglist how to build and use soong stand-alone. I
got the answer that this is not indented but to be build like this
(fixed by my):

guix environment --ad-hoc repo
repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b
build-tools
repo sync -j32
mkdir OUT
OUT_DIR=OUT prebuilts/build-tools/build-prebuilts.sh

So the script in the last line is the key. It looks acceptable, but I
have no clue about how go programs are build normally. So for me solving
this puzzle is quite time-consuming and I may not be able to work on it
for quite some time. Anybody to take over?

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | address@hidden               |