guix-devel

Re: Call for project proposals: Guix and Outreachy

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: Call for project proposals: Guix and Outreachy
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 04:06:30 +0100

Gábor Boskovits <address@hidden> writes:

> 5. explore orchestration in guix - I think Chris could be interested in
> this, and I am also willing to help.
> 6. explore provisioning in guix - provisioning from cloud provides
> essentially boils down to talking to apis, but I would be really interested
> in provisioning bare metal. This is thightly related to orchestration.

I am interested in these things, but I am not sure it would be a good
intern project.  Maybe I'm just being sheepish, but since we don't even
have consensus yet on a design for this, I worry that it might not be
fair to ask an intern to take this on at this time.

> 9. get guix publish to work on some solution, that allows us to share
> pre-built packages outside our local network - I have a feeling that this
> could speed up development on core-updates and feature branches.

I know you meant GNUnet, but what about publication over mDNS?  That
would be super nice, but I don't know how complicated it would be.

--
Chris