guix-devel

Re: offloading trouble on GuixSD->Debian

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: offloading trouble on GuixSD->Debian
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 11:35:20 +0100

ng0 <address@hidden> writes:

> Marius Bakke transcribed 1.4K bytes:
>> ng0 <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have run into yet another familar(?) problem with offloading.
>> >
>> > My build host for the first time is Debian, so instead of GuixSD master
>> > offloading
>> > to an GuixSD build node I'm offloading from GuixSD master to an Debian
>> > build
>> > node.
>> > This is a minimal, basic Debian install in the Hetzner cloud.
>> >
>> > I've come as far as:
>> >
>> > address@hidden ~$ guix offload test
>> > guix offload: testing 1 build machines defined in
>> > '/etc/guix/machines.scm'...
>> > guix offload: 'yt' is running guile (GNU Guile) 2.2.3
>> > offload: error: Guile modules not found on remote host 'yt'
>> > hint: Make sure `GUILE_LOAD_PATH' includes Guix' own module directory.  Run
>> > `ssh yt env | grep GUILE_LOAD_PATH' to check.
>>
>> The "guix" package must be available on GUILE_LOAD_PATH.
>>
>> Does 'guile -c "(use-modules (guix))"' work for the offloading user?
>
> As I've written, yes, locally it works (guix is available when I log in via
> ssh and
> execute the command for guile to use the module). via remote non-interactive
> shell
> it doesn't.

You may want to set GUILE_LOAD_PATH and GUILE_COMPILED_LOAD_PATH in
/etc/environment on the target machine.

Also make sure to kill the Guile process that listens on the target
machine after making changes to the environment or else they won’t have
any effect.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net