guix-devel

Re: wrapping up the Newmoon Browser package

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: wrapping up the Newmoon Browser package
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 11:16:52 +0100

ng0 <address@hidden> writes:

> If you submit an addon: http://developer.palemoon.org/Add-ons:Site/Submit
> you get to go through the submission and acceptance process, which includes:
> - Optionally, you could also provide the following, to be shown on the add-on
> listing:
>   - License - both OSI-approved licenses and custom licenses are allowed
> here. If a license is not provided, a default copyright notice is shown
> instead.

Since it may provide non-free software, we should not display the
default palemoon add-on interface.

> The current webstore of Mozilla is, unless you know how to navigate to old
> versions,
> useless because in New Moon it displays this for Ghostery:
>
> "This add-on requires a newer version of Firefox (at least version 52.0). You
> are using Firefox 27.9."
>
> Is this good enough for us to mark Mozilla webstore as unusable for those
> who don't want to hack around it ;)?

No.  The same applies as above.  (It doesn’t really matter that in the
end installing the software doesn’t work, in my opinion.)

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net