guix-devel

Re: What should go in our NEWS file?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: What should go in our NEWS file?
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 22:05:18 +0200

Hello,

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> skribis:

>> The Guix source tree contains a NEWS file in its root directory.  What
>> is supposed to go into this NEWS file?  When should we update it?
>
> It’s updated prior to making a release.

Committers following along should feel empowered to add noteworthy items
there, and not just right before the release.  This has to be rather
concise because there are so many things going on, and rather about
“important” changes, in the categories that Ricardo mentions.

I’m saying this because updating NEWS right before the release can be
quite cumbersome, and it’s also easy to overlook important things, so
any contribution in that regard can be very helpful!

Ludo’.