guix-devel

Re: Update of Emacs to 26.1.

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Update of Emacs to 26.1.
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 13:32:45 +0200

Alex Kost <address@hidden> writes:

> Ricardo Wurmus (2018-05-28 21:25 +0200) wrote:
>
> [...]
>> The update did break “emacs-minimal” and thus all Emacs packages, but
>> that can be fixed by passing “--with-gnutls=no” to emacs-minimal:
>
> I like it!  I think '*-minimal' packages should be as minimal as possible.

“emacs-minimal” already didn’t have gnutls among its inputs, but the
build system now complains about this unless the configure flags make
that explicit to show intent.

After the update “emacs-minimal” broke because the build system couldn’t
find gnutls (because it wasn’t among the inputs) and because we didn’t
indicate that this was intentional.

--
Ricardo