guix-devel

Re: ndctl: I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://docbook.sou

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: ndctl: I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl (xmlto?)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 21:56:07 +0200

Hello,

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> skribis:

>   GEN      ndctl-wait-scrub.1
> I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
> warning: failed to load external entity
> "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl";
> compilation error: file /tmp/guix-build-ndctl-60.3.drv-0/xmlto-xsl.BtfqIT
> line 4 element import
> xsl:import : unable to load
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl

There are many packages using Docbook.  Often fixing the above issue is
just a matter of adding libxml2, libxslt, and docbook-xsl as inputs;
this has the effect of defining XML_CATALOG_FILES and related variables
such that things work.

There are also packages that directly modify the catalog URI, though I
can’t find a good example right now.

HTH!

Ludo’.