guix-devel

Re: Videos

From: Thorsten Wilms
Subject: Re: Videos
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 09:45:06 +0200

On 31.05.2018 08:12, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
To clarify, though: I don’t think we need to use a screen recorder, or
at least it would be a very small part of this project.  I think of the
command line sessions to be very focused and to be only one of the
visual components of a <4min video.

When we do show commands and their output it could be useful to record
just the text and to time the output such that it fits the script
exactly.

I guess the ideal material to work with would be a sequence of text files. For commands that cause a noticeable delay and for text scrolling by, one would also need timing information.

Coupled with a script that takes such input and renders a sequence of still images and sub-sequences at the desired FPS.

So for every state of output that is held on screen for a while, you have one image that can easily be used for the desired duration in a video editor.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/