guix-devel

Re: Roadmap for Guix 1.0

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: Roadmap for Guix 1.0
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 22:08:30 -0700

> #+TITLE: Roadmap for Guix 1.0, 2018

A lot of good stuff!  I hope I can find the time to help knock out some
of these things.

At the moment, I only have this to add: It would be nice if we could
decide on how we will use version numbers going forward and publish a
description of that in the manual or on the website.

I think the important thing is that we publish a description.  The
details of it are less important.  We can use Semantic Versioning [1],
Sentimental Versioning [2], or something totally different.  As long as
we publish our decision and stick to it, everyone will know what to
expect.

Footnotes:
[1]  https://semver.org/

[2]  It's not my top choice, though!  http://sentimentalversioning.org/