guix-devel

Re: IRC freenode issue

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: IRC freenode issue
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2018 16:28:44 +0200

Clément Lassieur <address@hidden> writes:

> There seems to be an issue with #guix: I can't join anymore.  The error
> is:
>
>   Cannot join channel (+i) - you must be invited
>
> I think it also happens to other people (ng0, marusich).

It also happened to me.

Mark granted me ops, but since I could not join #guix I wasn’t able to
correct the configuration problem.  It was only when rain1 and Andy
Wingo sent me instructions on how to invite myself to #guix that I could
remove the “i” flag.

I switched from “r” to “/mode +q $~a” as per the suggestions that Andy
forwarded.  This means that currently only people with registered
accounts can speak on the channel.

I would be much happier if we could filter messages or automatically ban
accounts posting these seemingly unchanging messages.  If someone has an
idea on how to do this, please let us know!

--
Ricardo