guix-devel

Re: emacs irony-mode

From: Tim Gesthuizen
Subject: Re: emacs irony-mode
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 20:55:46 +0200

On 13.08.2018 20:11, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:
>> the server is just a work around for the missing foreign function interface
>> in
>> older emacs
> Well, Guix packages the latest Emacs, so can't you just skip the server
> altogether?

I guess not.
That would require rewriting the server part to make emacs aware of
libclang and
how to use it.
I am a user of irony-mode who would enjoy having the package available
through
Guix but I am definitely not a developer who knows how to handle LLVM /
clang.
While it would be nice it would be out of the scope of packaging
irony-mode as it
would require upstream changes to irony-mode itself that break
compatibility.