guix-devel

Changes in the spending committee for the FSF Fund

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Changes in the spending committee for the FSF Fund
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2018 14:49:44 +0200

Hello Guix!

Since 2015 and our first fundraising campaign¹, Guix is part of the
FSF’s Working Together for Free Software Fund²: donations for Guix can
be made via the FSF, which acts as a fiscal sponsor for the project.

Until recently, Mark H Weaver, Ricardo Wurmus, and myself were on the
“spending committee” for Guix: the three of us had to unanimously agree
on any spending from this fund.  Mark resigned a few weeks ago, and I’m
happy to announce that Tobias Geerinckx-Rice (aka. nckx) agreed to join
the committee (Ricardo and myself remain on board).

We are planning to launch a new campaign hopefully by the end of the
year, notably with the aim of covering expenses for Outreachy
internship(s) and buying hardware for our build farm, as Ricardo wrote
recently.  More on that soon!

Thanks Mark for your time on the spending committee, and welcome Tobias!

Ludo’.

¹
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/blog/2015/guix-starts-fundraising-campaign-with-support-from-the-fsf/
² https://www.fsf.org/working-together/fund