guix-devel

Re: Heads-up: New dependency on Guile-Gcrypt

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: Heads-up: New dependency on Guile-Gcrypt
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 11:34:58 +0200

Guix does not expose Guile load paths in etc/profile nor
--search-paths. This makes it a bit trickier to solve

** ERROR: In procedure scm-error: no code for module (gcrypt hash)

Guix is built with Guile and Guile has trouble finding the gcrypt
package. One fix is to install guix in a profile and setting the LOAD
PATHS, e.g.:

: guix package -i guix -p ~/opt/guix

: GUILE_LOAD_PATH=~/opt/guix/share/guile/site/2.2/
: GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH=~/opt/guix/share/guile/site/2.2/