guix-devel

Re: Blog: Guix packaging tutorial

From: Divan Santana
Subject: Re: Blog: Guix packaging tutorial
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 22:40:57 +0200

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> Divan <address@hidden> writes:
>> Off topic, but how did you convert this? Guessing pandoc, but it seems
>> converted better then the standard, =pandoc index.org -t gfm -o
>> /tmp/index.md= would do.
>
> This is a very good question.  Indeed, Org support in Pandoc is sub-par, so I
> did not use that.  Instead, I've used Emacs directly and its
> ~(org-md-export-to-markdown)~ function.  But even then, the export result
> lacked
> a few elements, such as fenced code language tag or the header.
> So I wrote a wrapper script to fix that automatically for me.
> It's not very generic but it's a starting point.
>
> Here is the implementation:
>

> https://gitlab.com/ambrevar/ambrevar.gitlab.io/tree/master/source/guix-packaging

This is really great and handy. I'll certainly be using this.

Would be great to package something like in emacs community. A blog
about converting back and forth between org and markdown would be
welcome to many in the Emacs community. :)

I'm slow to get around to completing your guix packaging tutorial. As a
complete noob I'm very interested in this and keen to submit a few basic
packages there after.