guix-devel

Re: Promoting the GNU Kind Communication Guidelines?

From: HiPhish
Subject: Re: Promoting the GNU Kind Communication Guidelines?
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 19:50:05 +0100

On Monday, 29 October 2018 12:08:56 CET you wrote:
> I think you a have burden of proof here, given that our culture at large
> has serious issues with harassment.  Why would you think FLOSS community
> is somehow different from the wider community?
No, you have a burden of proof that "our" culture (whatever this "our" is
supposed to mean, I have no idea where you live and you have no idea where I
live) has a serious issue with harassment.

> You can harass someone whilst believing your acting positively.  E.g. an
> ex-partner that "just wants to show how much they love the person that
> spurned them".  And ends up stalking them.
You cannot accidentally stalk someone. Stalkers who are not aware they are
harassing have a mental disorder. Calling them harassers is against the terms
of the CC because it is discrimination by disability. See how easy it is to
break the terms of the CC?

> You're conflating harassment and offense here.  It is one thing to be
> offended by individuals using the wrong cutlery for the entrée; it is
> another entirely for someone to, e.g. use crass racist caricatures.
You intentionally chose the most extreme examples.

> All the more important we do everything we can to minimise the existing
> barriers to contributions from all walks of life.
By pointing a gun at the people most likely to contribute?

> This reads hyperbolic, if not somewhat conspiratorial to me.  No guns
> are being held to anyone's head, no life's endangered or violence even
> threatened.  I also disagree with the implication that harassment
> complaints might be weapons used by a nefarious competing party.
People are putting their careers on the line even by having this discussion in
the first place. There is a reason why I am using a pseudonym. I have provided
links to the other guy of people who had their jobs ruined under the pretense
of a CoC. The people who made the accusations never ended up filling the void
themselves, they only go around destroying.

> If you don't mind me asking, what are you afraid of?
See above.