guix-devel

Re: guix pull: error: symlink: File exists

From: Laura Lazzati
Subject: Re: guix pull: error: symlink: File exists
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 19:43:36 -0300

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 5:05 PM Thorsten Wilms <address@hidden> wrote:
Looking for an explanation for having user and root profile guix, since
you seem to be unaware of how that works and I can't be sure of my own
understanding, I found something related:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2017-10/msg00014.html

Thing is, I did
`ln -s /var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/guix-profile/bin/guix
/usr/local/bin/guix`
during installation and that symlink is still intact. Yet, `guix pull`
and `sudo guix pull` are markedly different.
I see, then I will try to go back to my VM snapshot before I first made a guix pull when trying commands  - then I don't understand why the first time it worked for me - and make the symlink, because I need to have it working, and I would like to have it for my user - yes my user can run sudo, but that's not the point - :(
--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/