guix-devel

Re: Applying of Outreachy Intern for GNU Guix on Create user video docum

From: Björn Höfling
Subject: Re: Applying of Outreachy Intern for GNU Guix on Create user video documentation
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 18:27:23 +0100

On Sun, 4 Nov 2018 23:52:33 +0600
Ancon Paul <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello team,
>
> I'm a Bolaram Paul, I'm a web developer and  graphic designer . I'd
> like to contribute on GNU Guix as a Outreachy Intern. I've experience
> with few video editing and effect collaboration softwares and
> whiteboard animation technics . Hope i'll be create some good video
> tutorials for GNU Guix.

Hello Paul,

we were a bit surprised to see a new face in this Outreachy round as
the application period ends tomorrow, to be specific at:

 Application deadline: Nov. 6, 2018 4pm UTC

The idea of the contribution was to install Guix, get familiar with it
and add a new package that is not yet part of Guix (importing one from
CRAN is generally considered easy). Creating a video documentation
should only be part of the internship and should follow the discussions
we head in this thread:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-10/msg00500.html

Would you like to give it a try?

If you have any further questions, please also put the
devel-mailinglist at least on CC, so other community members can
quickly answer.

Björn