guix-devel

Re: 03/03: gnu: clang-from-llvm: Clean up share/clang folder.

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: 03/03: gnu: clang-from-llvm: Clean up share/clang folder.
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 10:52:00 +0100

Sorry for the mess, that was an obvious mistake, I should have thought twice
about it before pushing.

Efraim, let me know if you can't push, then I'll do it.

That said, I wonder why we need so many old Clangs.  For instance, I see we only
use clang-3.9.1 for DarkTable and c-reduce.  c-reduce could be updated according
to the comment.  And DarkTable builds fine with clang 7 according to Arch Linux.
(Maybe they are wrong.)

Either way, I think it would be a good idea to always comment why some specific
version of a program has to be used, lest we see a plethora of versions grow,
which makes maintenance a bit harder sometimes.

Thoughts?

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/