guix-devel

Re: Ruby 2.5, pushing to staging?

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: Ruby 2.5, pushing to staging?
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2018 18:16:42 +0000

Christopher Baines <address@hidden> writes:

>> A new minor version of Ruby has been out for a while, and it would be
>> good to get Ruby 2.5 in to Guix.
>>
>> I've put up a patch here [1], and tried it locally. I've pushed some
>> fixes to master to make some packages compatible [2], and while I do get
>> some failures when building the 958 (according to guix refresh -l)
>> dependant packages, I'm unsure how many of these are down to the Ruby
>> upgrade.
>>
>> 1: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32871
>> 2: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32870
>>
>> Anyway, looking at the contributing guide this is possibly too big of a
>> change to push directly to master, so should I push this to the staging
>> branch?
>
> I've now gone ahead and pushed to staging. Not really sure what happens
> now.... will berlin and hydra pick this up automatically, and start
> building packages?

So, I'm still interested in pushing Ruby 2.5 forward. I've now pushed an
upgrade from 2.5.1 to 2.5.3 to the staging branch, as that seemed
sensible.

I can see that ci.guix.info (berlin) has picked this up (I think here
[1]), but I'm not sure what to do next...?

Thanks,

Chris

1: http://ci.guix.info/eval/2010