guix-devel

Re: bug#33676: GuixSD on eoma68-a20?

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: bug#33676: GuixSD on eoma68-a20?
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 20:19:04 +0100

Hi Andreas,

On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 11:29:06 +0100
Andreas Enge <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 09:50:26PM +0100, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> > can you check whether dirindex (hashtables for directory) is enabled?
> > # tune2fs -l /dev/... | grep -o dir_index
> > See also
> > https://blog.merovius.de/2013/10/20/ext4-mysterious-no-space-left-on.html
>
> It was, and I disabled it. Hopefully this does not break anything...
> But does this not mean a big performance hit on /gnu/store/.links?

It does mean that because it uses a linear search to find the file names now.

What ext filesystem is it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext4 says that ext4 supports B trees - which
should have no problems with hash collisions (it uses operator< to construct
a tree -- and not hashes to construct a list).