guix-devel

Moving general useful procedures to the utils-modules

From: swedebugia
Subject: Moving general useful procedures to the utils-modules
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 13:17:50 +0100

Hi

I found this in guix/build/cargo-build-system.scm:

(define (touch file-name)
  (call-with-output-file file-name (const #t)))

I think we should move useful ones like this to (build utils) and consider merging (build utils) and (import utils) into a single utils-module.

I think we should also consider factoring out some of these utils in a separate guix-utils library that can be used by other guile-projects WITHOUT depending on the whole of guix.

These steps makes it easier for newcomers to overview our many modules and use our very valuable tools.

--
Cheers Swedebugia