guix-devel

ASDF Builder (Common Lisp) & "package-inferred-system" Packages

From: Katherine Cox-Buday
Subject: ASDF Builder (Common Lisp) & "package-inferred-system" Packages
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 18:25:23 -0600

Hey all.

I think the common-lisp build system might be broken for
"package-inferred-system" style common-lisp packages. The build system
appears to find the dependencies, but then replace[1] "invalid" (within
the context of the store) characters with `-`. I think this breaks asdf
as it then cannot find the package. "package-inferred-system" packages
almost always contain a `/`[2] which is flagged as an invalid
character.

Do we even need to be doing scrubbing here since it's within the context
of ASDF, not the store?

Can anyone confirm, or does anyone have any thoughts? This style of
Common Lisp package will probably increase moving forward, so we should
probably address this sooner than later.

[1] -
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/guix/build/lisp-utils.scm#n165
[2] -
https://www.common-lisp.net/project/asdf/asdf.html#index-Package-inferred-systems