guix-devel

Re: New file "tests/docker-inception.scm" with small problem

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: New file "tests/docker-inception.scm" with small problem
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 23:06:20 +0100

Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> there's a new branch "wip-docker-test" which has a new (non-system) test
> tests/docker-inception.scm .
>
> You can run it via:
>
>   make TESTS=tests/docker-inception.scm check
>
> Unfortunately, it fails with some inscrutable qemu error message:
>
> qemu-system-x86_64: -virtfs
> local,path=/home/dannym/src/guix-ns14/guix/test-tmp/store,security_model=none,mount_tag=TAGy5ajggutlpmxibmqfchkokzxuwid:
>  cannot ini
> tialize fsdev 'TAGy5ajggutlpmxibmqfchkokzxuwid': failed to open
> '/home/dannym/src/guix-ns14/guix/test-tmp/store': No such file or directory
>
> Trying to fix it (setting NIX_STORE etc) made it worse, so I reverted that
> part.
>
> Help?

I don't know what the problem is, but the test reads an awful lot like a
"system test" to me.  Any particular reason you wish to run this as a
"unit test"?  Perhaps we need another category for "package tests"?  :)

I suspect converting to a system test will fix this problem, as it will
use a "normal" store instead of the scratch one in ./test-tmp.