guix-devel

Shell installer script (feedback)

From: zimoun
Subject: Shell installer script (feedback)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 18:10:53 +0100

Dear,

The script is nice because it just works! :-)

As a newcomer, I find it lacks an optional installation of default
packages in the default profiles.
I have in mind: nss-certs, recutils, emacs (or info), glibc-locales.

Then, "Run 'info guix' to read the manual." does not work.
Because the command info is not installed by default on all the distributions.

And the Guix manual does not seem installed by default. Am I doing wrong?

What do you think?

All the best,
simon