guix-devel

Re: It's time to build "guix deploy"

From: Christopher Lemmer Webber
Subject: Re: It's time to build "guix deploy"
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 09:57:59 -0500

Pjotr Prins writes:

> I am also interested in 'guix deploy', especially if it can run on top
> of Debian and handle HOME directories.

I should also say: I'm not considering how "guix deploy" could or would
handle running on top of Debian *or* handle HOME directories.  Both of
those feel out of scope to me, but for different reasons:

 - "guix deploy" would deploy by, well, building guix system profiles
   and then pushing them out.  So I'm not sure how Debian would fit in
   there...
 - Mutable state of the system is hard to tackle.  We might need to
   tackle some degree of it, but I think that would be in
   post-install-hooks type things which might sometimes do that
   on server?