guix-devel

Re: Haskell dependencies for custom cabal builds

From: John Soo
Subject: Re: Haskell dependencies for custom cabal builds
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 08:50:32 -0800

Hi there,

I did a little digging this morning and it seems like runhaskell is probably
deprecated in favor of runghc. Do we expect anyone to be using hugs or jhc?
Runghc also supports ghc flags. I still need to do some more research here but
the Haskell configure phase deliberately unsets GHC_PACKAGE_PATH. I assume it
does this because runhaskell supports many Haskell compilers. If custom cabal
builds are rare, I would suspect that non-ghc builds are even rarer. Would it
be possible to replace runhaskell with runghc? Or parameterize the command?

Thanks,

John