guix-devel

Public key (and mailing list issue)

From: Brett Gilio
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 23:15:46 -0600

Hi everybody,

I am sending this email on behalf of a friend trying to install the Guix
binary using the shell script. It appears his email is being rejected as
"inappropriate by the moderator." for some unknown reason. I think it
might be a spam-filter mechanism against his @gmail.com mailing address,
but that is just a suspicion.

Anyways, here is his message paraphrased:

He is trying to install GNU Guix using the shell script.
It asks for a GPG verification step that fails due to a missing key.
When he tries to import the key using the appropriate gpg --recv-keys
command pointed at pool.sys-keyservers.net, it is saying

"gpg: keyserver receive failed: No data"

Upon investigation of the key server it seems that Ludo's key is
missing.

I did a key listing on my end for that key, and it is not expired until
February 18th of this month, but in either case the key is missing from
the server rendering the shell script unuseable without commenting out
the verification steps.

Thought I would pass this information along as it seemed important.

Brett Gilio