guix-devel

Re: Rust 1.19 fails to build on i686 on ‘staging’

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: Rust 1.19 fails to build on i686 on ‘staging’
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 18:14:21 +0100

Hi Chris,

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 20:35:51 -0800
Chris Marusich <address@hidden> wrote:

> My understanding is that "term-signal: 8" means the process (rustc) was
> terminated by signal 8 (SIGFPE on my system according to "kill -l").  Is
> that right?

According to upstream [1], it might be SIGABRT, but I see your reasoning.

> I looked in the failed build directory, but I couldn't find a core
> dump.  When I manually ran the command...
>
> /gnu/store/jxq[...]-mrustc-0.8.0/bin/mrustc src/tools/cargo/src/bin/cargo.rs
> [...]
>
> ...it actually succeeded.

Does that mean in an i686-linux guix environment?

If so, that's very good to know and it could be a good workaround to keep going!

Did you source the environment-variables, too?

[1] https://github.com/thepowersgang/mrustc/issues/78#issuecomment-416073674