guix-devel

Re: Status update on 1.0

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: Status update on 1.0
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:14:16 +0100

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 06:08:38PM +0100, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> mikadoZero <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >>   • “GuixSD” has been removed from the web site and from almost all of
> >>     the source code.  Still need to fix the file names that appear in
> >>     Makefile.am.
> >
> > Is it to be changed to "Guix SD"?
>
> Just “Guix system”.

In the manual I sometimes see “Guix System” with a capital S.  Which
is correct?

When doing translations, should the English name be kept as a proper
name as with GuixSD?  I would prefer to translate it to a German
“Guix-System” (with hyphen) to avoid misunderstandings (many Germans
would read an English “Guix System” with German pronunciation anyway).
For other languages “Guix Système” or maybe “Guix 系统” or so of
course does not resemble the guix system command as much anymore.

Regards,
Florian