guix-devel

Re: gold linker and collect2: fatal error: cannot find 'ld'

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: gold linker and collect2: fatal error: cannot find 'ld'
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 16:28:49 +0100

On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 05:06:16PM +0100, Pjotr Prins wrote:
> Unfortunately the runtime of compiled software fails because the rpath is
> not updated either. So that requires adding in the RPATH explicitly on
> the ldc command line. When I set the RPATH the runtime is fine.

Reading up on the ld-wrapper code - that is exactly what happens. A
gold-wrapper can do same.

I think, like with rustc, I need to wrap the ldc compiler build with
ld-wrapper and the ldc tests with gold-wrapper (yet to be written).

gold does not honour LIBRARY_PATH so that means we'll have to use
LD_LIBRARY_PATH or pass the lib path(s) on the command line.

Does this make sense? If it does we can make an attempt.

Pj.