guix-devel

Re: Texlive: Asymptote error: Math formula deleted: Insufficient symbol

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Texlive: Asymptote error: Math formula deleted: Insufficient symbol fonts.
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 10:44:03 +0100

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for looking into this!

Before anything else, the issue is quite recent (max 4 weeks old) and it
used to work, so I'm wondering at this point if fontinst is not a red
herring.

Even then, we should also fix fontinst of course :)

Since we are on the verge of revamping our TeX packages, I'm stopping
the guessing game and I've looked at tlpdb.  So here is the deal:

2 packages:

- fontinst: depends on fontinst.ARCH, required only by
collection-fontutils. Contains some 100s files, most of which are
located in texmf-dist/tex/fontinst/.  Our texlive-tex-fontinst-base is
missing most of those.

- fontinst.ARCH: only contains bin/ARCH/fontinst.  Our texlive-bin has them.

So as far as I get it, our texlive-bin should be enough to generate a
full texlive-fontinst.  What do you think?

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/