guix-devel

Re: guix.gnu.org sub-domain

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: guix.gnu.org sub-domain
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2019 15:22:44 +0200

Le 8 avril 2019 10:59:36 GMT+02:00, "Ludovic Courtès" <address@hidden> a écrit :
>Hello Julien,
>
>Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> I just went through the list of things that we wanted to accomplish
>> before releasing 1.0.  One of them is the use of a guix.gnu.org
>> sub-domain.
>>
>> Could you please let us know what the current status is regarding the
>> Knot DNS server configuration?
>
>A friendly ping.  :-)
>
>Thanks,
>Ludo’.

I'm still unsure about how to update the certificates with the dns challenge. I
found a script that could help us with updating the zone served by knot when
it's configured as a master.

We could use that to update the required txt record, but we also need to make
sure the change is propagated to the other server, because we don't know which
server will be asked to answer the challenge.

With a further delegation of the record for the dns challenge we can have two
masters, but I'm still stuck at finding a way to communicate the challenge
between the two servers.

Ideas?