guix-devel

Re: Should we upgrade openssl?

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Should we upgrade openssl?
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 12:56:35 -0400

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 02:28:13PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Merging ‘core-updates’ is no longer an option for 1.0: I’m seriously
> still aiming for around April 30th.  Let’s get our act together!
>
> Likewise, I don’t think the OpenSSL upgrade can be merged on time.  But
> that’s OK: we can start working on it and have it merged as soon as
> possible, possibly with all of ‘core-updates’.

I agree, it's not feasible to implement and test this OpenSSL upgrade
for an April 30th deployment. But we do need to do the upgrade during
2019, because OpenSSL 1.0.2 will become unsupported when this year ends.

It shouldn't be too bad because all the other distros are working on it
too, if they have not already finished the upgrade. At this point many
of the users have been adjusted to work with 1.1.1.