guix-devel

Re: GNU Guix 1.0.0 released

From: BlueT - Matthew Lien - 練喆明
Subject: Re: GNU Guix 1.0.0 released
Date: Sat, 4 May 2019 08:56:50 +0800

Years passed, so glad I can see it really coming finally.
Congrats and Thank you all Guix Gurus!

- BlueT

On Sat, May 4, 2019 at 8:28 AM Amirouche Boubekki <address@hidden> wrote:

Le jeu. 2 mai 2019 à 14:12, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> a écrit :
We are thrilled to announce the release of GNU Guix 1.0.0!

This 1.0 release is a major milestone for Guix.  It represents 7 years
of hard work with more than 40,000 commits by 260 people, 19 releases,
and an equally amazing amount of work on documentation, translation,
artwork, web design, mentoring, outreach, and many other activities that
together have made it a thriving project.

I would like to add that the maitainers in many places had the vision. The first
being getting started with guix. The dedication is inspiration. Sadly I did help
as much as I could. I had bad experience with packaging stuff. I know it is
easier with guix but still. I also know that not everything in guile is about
packaging. I am happy my graph hack was reworked to be part of guile proper.

Anyway Happy 1.0.0

--
/ Just another [ Perl | FLOSS | Security ] Hacker. /
/ BlueT = Matthew Lien = 練喆明 /