guix-devel

Re: Installer: GUIX_IMAGE as /dev/sda on some hardware?

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Installer: GUIX_IMAGE as /dev/sda on some hardware?
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 19:29:35 +0200

[De-CC'ing help-guix again.]

Ludo'!

Ludovic Courtès wrote:
Ideally, we’d use an actual UUID object (or a string?) here rather than
this Linux/udev-specific idiom.  […]
I believe using Guile-Parted we could map it back to a /dev name.

Yah, 's one of the reasons that I haven't sent anything yet (the main one being shame, of course; car/cdr for the win & all that).

Would that work?

I'd looked in Guile-parted before but came up dry. To be fair I did little more than grep around for ‘uid’ and friends. So you tell me ;-)
Hum, wait a minute. Isn't that irrelevant? Doesn't Guix itself do exactly this when mounting file systems? Sigh, silly me, I should be able to re-use that… >_<

Kind regards,

T G-R