guix-devel

GUI installer through X

From: Marlin
Subject: GUI installer through X
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2019 15:19:38 -0300

The ncurses gui installer works nicely, but the fact that it relies on the framebuffer means that GPUs that require firmware for it (like amd gpus) will not display the installer at all.
This could be Solved by using a X server for the installer (even if it just starts a terminal with the ncurses installer).
That way, vesa graphics would kick in, and users would be able to properly use the installer.