guix-devel

on indentation

From: Robert Vollmert
Subject: on indentation
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 18:41:10 +0200

Hi,

a couple of questions regarding indenting scheme code.

* I can run etc/indent-code.el by hand from the guix source
repo, but it would be much nicer to have it available as a
regular executable. I tried briefly but failed to package it
— should the package definition fail to the in-tree local file
or download a a tar ball? I guess the trivial build system with
a manual copy and patch-shebang would be the way to go — could
someone point me at an example package that does something
similar?

* Most source files aren’t indented according to etc/indent-code.el,
presumably because guix import uses (ice-9 pretty-print) which does
things differently. How to deal with this?

* Is anyone aware of a different command-line guile/scheme/sexp
code formatter? etc/indent-code.el is a bit slow, and a tool that
reformats stdin to stdout would be useful for calling from other
editors.

Cheers
Robert