guix-devel

Re: Packaging Sagemath

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: Packaging Sagemath
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 11:47:29 +0200

Hello,

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> writes:

> My personal goal is to get closer to having Sage in Guix.

Very nice!

> But there is also a list of (altogether 181!) required dependencies,
> which I extracted here: https://hackmd.io/zatG6NwtTWKF5asn_fmcIw?view

I followed the link, but, IIUC, it is not up-to-date. For example, we
already have packaged many of them. Would it be useful to set-up
a world-writable document (e.g., a pad) somewhere, with a list of the
packages yet to be packaged, or a checklist with all packages that we
could tick-off?

For example, here is such an up-to-date list, barring a few FIXME
I wasn't sure about:

- [ ] appnope
- [X] arb
- [X] babel
- [X] backports_abc
- [X] backports_functools_lru_cache
- [X] backports_shutil_get_terminal_size
- [X] backports_ssl_match_hostname
- [X] bleach
- [ ] brial
- [X] bzip2
- [X] cddlib
- [X] certifi
- [ ] combinatorial_designs
- [X] configparser
- [ ] conway_polynomials
- [X] curl
- [X] cvxopt
- [X] cycler
- [X] dateutil
- [X] decorator
- [X] docutils
- [ ] eclib
- [X] ecm
- [ ] elliptic_curves
- [X] entrypoints
- [X] enum34
- [ ] fflas_ffpack
- [ ] flask_autoindex
- [X] flask_babel
- [ ] flask_oldsessions
- [ ] flask_openid
- [ ] flask_silk
- [X] flask
- [ ] flintqs
- [ ] fplll FIXME: available in version 4, so what?
- [ ] fpylll
- [X] freetype
- [X] functools32
- [X] future
- [ ] gf2x
- [ ] gfan
- [X] giac
- [X] git
- [ ] givaro (next missing, in the works)
- [ ] graphs
- [X] html5lib
- [X] iconv
- [X] imagesize
- [ ] iml FIXME: imlib2?
- [X] ipaddress
- [X] ipykernel
- [X] ipython_genutils
- [X] ipython
- [X] ipywidgets
- [X] itsdangerous
- [X] jinja2
- [ ] jmol
- [X] jsonschema
- [X] jupyter_client
- [X] jupyter_core
- [X] kiwisolver
- [ ] lcalc
- [X] libatomic_ops
- [ ] libgd FIXME: libgdata?
- [X] libpng
- [ ] linbox
- [ ] lrcalc
- [ ] m4rie
- [ ] m4ri
- [X] markupsafe
- [X] mathjax
- [X] matplotlib
- [X] maxima
- [X] mistune
- [X] mpfi
- [X] mpmath
- [X] nauty
- [X] nbconvert
- [X] nbformat
- [X] ncurses
- [X] networkx
- [X] notebook
- [X] openblas
- [X] packaging
- [ ] palp
- [ ] pandocfilters
- [ ] pari_galdata
- [ ] pari_seadata_small
- [X] patch
- [X] pathlib2
- [X] pathpy
- [X] pcre
- [X] pexpect
- [X] pickleshare
- [X] pillow
- [X] pip
- [X] pkgconfig
- [ ] pkgconf
- [ ] polytopes_db
- [ ] ppl
- [X] prometheus_client
- [X] prompt_toolkit
- [X] psutil
- [X] ptyprocess
- [ ] pycygwin
- [X] pygments
- [ ] pynac FIXME: pynacl?
- [X] pyparsing
- [X] python_openid
- [X] pytz
- [X] pyzmq
- [ ] ratpoints
- [X] readline
- [X] requests
- [X] rpy2
- [X] r
- [ ] rubiks
- [ ] sagenb_export
- [ ] sagenb
- [ ] sagetex
- [X] scandir
- [X] scipy
- [X] send2trash
- [X] setuptools_scm
- [X] setuptools
- [X] simplegeneric
- [X] singledispatch
- [X] snowballstemmer
- [ ] speaklater
- [X] sphinxcontrib_websupport
- [X] sphinx
- [X] sqlite
- [X] subprocess32
- [ ] symmetrica
- [ ] sympow
- [X] sympy
- [ ] tachyon
- [X] terminado
- [X] testpath
- [ ] thebe
- [ ] threejs FIXME: r-threejs?
- [X] tornado
- [X] traitlets
- [X] twisted
- [X] typing
- [X] vcversioner
- [X] wcwidth
- [X] webencodings
- [X] werkzeug
- [X] widgetsnbextension
- [X] xz
- [X] yasm
- [X] zeromq
- [X] zlib
- [ ] zn_poly
- [X] zope_interface

> So sooner or later we will need all of these packages, and if you feel
> motivated to package one or the other we do not have yet, you are more
> than welcome!

I'll try to help when I have time.

Regards,

--