guix-devel

Re: Seeking Outreachy internship project proposals

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Seeking Outreachy internship project proposals
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 17:20:44 +0200

Hi Gábor,

thanks for taking the lead here!

> We are seeking mentors to propose projects that Outreachy interns can work
> on during their internship.
>
> Sept. 24, 2019 at 4 pm UTC is the deadline to submit projects:
> https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/gnu-guix/

I would like to stress that submitting projects for Outreachy
internships is a little more work than just posting a rough project
idea, but the extra work mentors do before the project starts really
pays off in the end.

I encourage people who have a rough project idea to discuss it here and
find other people to co-mentor the project.  It’s much easier to start
mentoring when you know that there are two co-mentors who have your
back.

We did this in a past Outreachy project, and having three co-mentors for
one project meant that it was never a burden on just one person’s
shoulders.

Let’s make this another successful round of Outreachy internships!

--
Ricardo