guix-devel

Re: 01/01: services: Add ‘/usr/bin/env’ special file.

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: 01/01: services: Add ‘/usr/bin/env’ special file.
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2019 13:55:57 +0200

Hi Ricardo and everyone else,

Using a custom script with a /usr/bin/env shebang is pretty common.  You
don’t need to be a power user for that, and certainly not a *Guix* power
user.

I definitely agree with this. In my work environment, it is very common for people to distribute shell or Python scripts with a /usr/bin/env shebang line, together with the instructions "make executable and put on your $PATH". Most of my colleagues can handle those instructions, but wouldn't consider themselves power users.

Konrad.