guix-devel

Should our openssl/fixed not have more fixin's by now?

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Should our openssl/fixed not have more fixin's by now?
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 19:05:26 +0200

Guix,

1 CVE patch since 1.0.2p seems suspiciously low to me. I hope I'm wrong. In any case, there are new ones[0].

Me on IRC:

“I'd like to fix some CVEs in openssl, but it's not clear to me whether ‘letter releases’ are supposed to be ABI-compatible or not. It would be a big jump (1.0.2p → 1.0.2t), and our current openssl/fixed is just 1.0.2p + 1 patch, so I doubt it. But cherry-picking patches is proving too painful [for me].”

…mainly because I'm not that familiar with OpenSSLs release/git habits.

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: https://www.openssl.org/news/cl102.txt