guix-devel

Re: I don't understand the Curiass WebUI

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: I don't understand the Curiass WebUI
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 14:32:45 +0200

Hello,

Hartmut Goebel <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. okt. 2., Sze, 14:10):
Hi,

again and again I'm struggling with the Curiass web interface
<https://ci.guix.gnu.org/>

On the old hydra, this was quite easy to understand: There was a list of
"projects" and "evaluations" and in the evaluations there have been
many, many packages for the Gnu/Guix project (or whatever the exact name
has been).

On ci.guix.gnu.org this is availalbe for "staging-staging" and
"core-updates-core-updates", but not for "master".

For both "guix-master" and "guix-modular-master" there are only a few
"packages", which are named like being system images
(binary-tarball.aarch64-linux, test.raid-root-os.i686-linux, etc.) Same
for "version-1.0.0", etc.

You are looking for guix-master. The interface shows for a given evalution only
the packages that were scheduled because of the difference between the evaluation
and the previous one. I believe it would make sense to have an aggregate package view,
showing the current status of the packages, and the evaluation when they were last attempted,
and the result of that attempt. Wdyt?

OTOH, if I search for e.g. "python", I'll get some build results, which
are listed to be part of "guix-master".

Can please anybody explain. Or even better: But this explanation on
ci.guix.gnu.org. Or rework the UI, so it is easier to understand?! Many
thanks!

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | address@hidden               |

Best regards,
g_bor
--
OpenPGP Key Fingerprint: 7988:3B9F:7D6A:4DBF:3719:0367:2506:A96C:CF63:0B21