guix-devel

'core-updates' Q4 2019

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: 'core-updates' Q4 2019
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2019 23:55:33 +0200

Guix,

As you know, the "quarterly" core-updates rebuild took almost a full
year this previous cycle.  There are already 35 commits on the
'core-updates-next' branch, and I've heard rumors of a GNOME 3.32 branch
lurking somewhere.

To prevent this work from rotting away, I propose that we start the
branch as early as next month.  With luck, users will be able to
cross-compile Guix System for arbitrary toys come December ;-)

Thoughts?